Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 By the Numbers...

I'm taking stock of the projects I've worked on and completed in 2017.  I put 40 entries in my Quilter's Planner.

I started off the year well, by joining the American Patchwork & Quilting's 2017 UFO Challenge.  I wrote down my 12 quilts and thought I'd work on nothing else but these (unless I finished early in a given month). Ha! I was totally wrong, but I did finish a lot and the list helped me to stay motivated for a while.

Here's how the list and the rest of the year broke down:

I completed 5 of the 12 projects on my list (41%)
I made some forward progress on 3 of the projects (25%)
Four of the project are sitting in at the same place they were at the beginning of 2017 (33%)


I've made my new list for 2018 and hope to do a better job of completing those few lingering UFOs that didn't move forward in 2017.  I put the 8 projects that I didn't complete in 2017 on my 2018 list.  I hope this is the year they will all finally be finished.

In 2017 I did complete a lot more than 5 quilts though.  I, in fact, completed 25 projects!  A couple were crafts, including the coffee can caddy (I made 4 of these), vinyl zip bags to hold scraps and projects, and a drawstring bag which was given to my stitch pal.  Considering I work full time and also travel on average once per month for work, I'm really proud of this number of finishes!

Alas, I didn't finish everything I started in 2017.  There are 10 quilts that are not yet finished.  I expect to finish at least 2 in January.  Most of the quilts are down to the quilt & bind stage.  A lot of it comes down to how quickly I can quilt them (or do I just pack them off to my mom for computerized longarm quilting).

This year I also have a goal to get nice pictures of all the quilts I have not already gifted and sell a few of them. I've got two large totes overflowing with quilts that need to find their forever homes one way or another.

I just received my new quilter's planner mini's in the mail and will get started documenting my progress for 2018!  Happy Quilting Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment