Sunday, January 15, 2017

2017, The Year of my Dream Sewing Room

Ah, 2017, the year a decent portion of our basement becomes the sewing room of my dreams.  We bought our house in 2012 and since before day 1, the basement was going to be my fabric play-land. Our house is a 2,700 sq. ft. ranch, which means the basement is equal in size.  Here are some pictures of the first layer of insulation installed.  The picture to the left is taken from the entrance to the sewing room at the bottom of the basement stairs.  This area will be the main sewing space.  There is a plan to  add another window opposite the existing one to get a little more natural light.


This next picture is a view from further inside the sewing space.  The space past the first set of columns will be for a future longarm and group sewing space.  There is another set of columns in the back where there will be a bathroom some time in the future.  The space continues to the right side a little beyond the white pipe in the back of the picture.  Underneath the staircase you can see on the right is where my office area will be.

This picture is a view looking from the opposite direction of the other pictures.  Below is the same basic view from a little different angle.  The area you can't see in any of these pictures is to the other side of the stairs.  I'll have a storage room which is about 10' x 12'.  I'm hoping this is all the storage I'll ever need and that the space can also accommodate a cutting island.  I think it would be efficient to have the cutting area in the fabric storage room, then I can choose fabric, cut it and put the remainder away immediately.




My DH is going to be doing most of the work himself, so I expect this project to take a while, but good headway is being made!  I couldn't be more excited!!



2 comments:

  1. Do you really think all of your fabric will fit in a 10x12 room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has more chance of fitting in there than it does in my double door closet right now...... And....there can be some storage in the main part of the sewing room, like under the cutting table and stuff...its going to be magical, you'll see :D

      Delete