Monday, November 27, 2017

Quiltville Mystery - On Ringo Lake - Part 1

Its time for Bonnie Hunter's Annual Mystery Quilt.  This year's theme is On Ringo Lake.  The color palette (aqua, peach & brown) isn't one I'd normally put together, but I decided to go with it.  Once I pulled out all my fabrics it started to grow on me. 

I have a lot of browns, so many in fact, that I ended up making way too many of the brown/neutral strip sets.  I ripped out a few of them because I needed more aqua strip sets.


I finished the blocks the same day the pattern was released and am chomping at the bit for Part 2!  I know this quilt will be a beauty!  You can check out everyone's progress and learn how to join the party here!



4 comments:

  1. Your blocks look really great! I love all of the different aquas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its all I've got, I probably have to get more, it was a struggle pulling this together.

      Delete
  2. Isn't funny how we look at other blocks and see fabric from our own stash. Your block are great! Joyfully Piecing from another Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing fabric from my stash in other people's quilts!

      Delete