Sunday, February 8, 2015

Arcadia Avenue BOM - Now known as Marius' Rainbow Bridge BOM - Piecing Block Two

The past 48+ hours have been some of the worst of my entire life.  Early Friday morning we had to rush my cat Marius to the ER.  He had gone septic after a lifelong struggle with GI issues and we made the agonizing decision to put him down.  There is a gaping hole in our hearts and our lives right now.  The pain is almost unbearable.  In the wake of my tragedy, I forced myself to my sewing room to distract myself from my runaway, grief stricken mind.





I decided to sew my scraps together to "make" some fabric from the remnants of this project.  Here is the result after the first two blocks.

  I had gotten my triangle segments completed and trimmed and they were ready for assembly.  It was rough.  I was going through the motions like a zombie.  What is normally so relaxing and enjoyable for me was torture.  The minutes seemed like hours.  I pushed myself on because I knew doing nothing would be even more painful for me.  I was forcing myself to use quilting to help ease my pain.  Part way through completing the block I realized that I was making a rainbow quilt as my beloved little guy was waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.  I broke down a little, but now this quilt is for him and his memory.  I will make it to help myself process my grief and dedicate it to his memory.  By the time I got closer to finishing the block I was feeling a little better and my mind wasn't as filled with my terrible doubts.

Here is my finished Block 2.  My first block for Marius.  My love, my little star.  I miss you so much and you'll be in my heart forever.  Please wait for your brothers, your Sir and me at the Rainbow Bridge until we can join you again.  I love you baby.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry about Maurius. I like to believe that he will meet you at the Rainbow Bridge. Perfect quilt to remember him by. Your blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt blocks are awesome and inspiring. I had to put my dog down in May and like you I dedicated a quilt to her. It helped and there will always be something around for many years to remind the world that she was here. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great - I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete